The Right Time, The Right Place,
The Right Message
When it comes to Google Remarketing, we aren’t like other Melbourne agencies. We aren’t just a number you call to reach a person you met once when signing up. When you work with SIXGUN, you’re integrating with a Google Remarketing agency that becomes a part of your business.. We spend your money like it’s ours—carefully.
As a leading Google Remarketing agency in Melbourne, we understand how to get the most from remarketing. We have the experience and expertise to develop a strategy that improves your lead conversion without overexposing your brand and annoying people. Internet privacy and data security are two huge concerns, and we’ll ensure that your remarketing is targeted to the leads most likely to convert, without becoming an annoyance to your audience.
How does Google Remarketing work and why does it matter?
Google Remarketing uses the Google Display Network to connect with visitors to your site once they have navigated away. This is a powerful way of allowing users to assess your competition, while still remaining in their thoughts. It’s unrealistic to expect your visitors to not at least do some cursory browsing and comparison, but there’s no reason why you can’t keep reminding them that you’re the best they’ll find. This is why Google Remarketing is so powerful.
Remarketing tracks visitors to your site and presents them with the product they were browsing — it’s a great way to convince those who are on the fence to commit to completing the transaction. Whether you’re selling shoes or computers, or providing a service like financial advice or plumbing, remarketing can help improve your site’s conversion rate, boost your bottom line and grow your business.
We work with you to develop remarketing ads that are engaging and interesting and provide a real reason for your audience to engage with your business.
From the graphics and text, to the placement and frequency, our Google Remarketing team can offer informed advice and guidance to bring the best return on your investment. Google Remarketing is designed to augment your other marketing tactics, whether you’re listing products via Google Shopping, running a Google Ads campaign, or implementing a 360-degree strategy encompassing the full scope of search engine marketing.
24X increase in the overall conversions.
95% reduction in the cost per conversion.
440% increase in the conversion rate.
142% increase in organic revenue.
426% increase in Google Ads revenue.
95% increase in Meta Ads revenue.
36% increase in organic sessions.
86% increase in organic goal completions.
187% increase in Google Ads goal completions.
Increased Google Ads conversions by 61%.
Reduced the Google Ads cost per conversion by 60%.
2,675 keyword position increases for tracked keywords.
Hussmann, a Panasonic owned company, is a leading supplier of commercial refrigeration systems and support services to larger scale enterprises such as supermarkets and independent retailers.
With flagship stores in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, Peter Sheppard have been providing unrivalled service and the perfect fit for over 50 years.
coreplus is a leading digital practice management software designed for the Allied Health sector.
Google Ads team
Client Services Director
Harris has been part of the SIXGUN fabric nearly since its inception, running the Client Services department and specialising in client, staff, and escalation management, along with recruitment, retention, and business growth. A strong leader at SIXGUN whose all-rounder approach ensures maximum client and staff satisfaction, Harris also takes the lead on company events and culture.
After almost a decade in the digital marketing landscape, Harris has worked in almost every facet of the industry, including SEO, SEM, social media, site design and development, lead generation and affiliate marketing, account and partnership management, and general staff management positions.
Harris’ primary goal is to foster harmonious relationships between agency and client, ensuring business success from a technical performance perspective is at the forefront, while ensuring relationships with clients operate so effectively that clients are able to see us as a part of their business. Harris strives to create a family-style partnership environment within his department, where partnerships organically grow over time and clients stick with us for the long term.
Harris is a true foodie, soccer and music enthusiast at heart. You’re most likely to find him in the kitchen, watching his beloved Arsenal, or strumming his Fender Stratocaster.
Matthew leads the strategy and sales direction of SIXGUN, helping to develop a true client-centric mentality that puts our clients’ needs at the heart of our digital marketing solutions.
With more than ten years of experience in the digital marketing industry, Matthew uses his wealth of experience to guide campaigns from the outset, helping set realistic expectations that don’t promise the world. When talking strategy, Matthew understands no question is too small—choosing a digital marketing partner can be a difficult task and half the battle is finding a team you genuinely want to work with over the long term.
A foodie at heart, Matt enjoys cooking (hopefully) delicious food, wining and dining with friends and family, and the occasional round of golf.
Performance Media Director
Leading the Performance Media department at SIXGUN, Alan manages a dynamic team of high-performing paid media specialists. The Performance Media team specialises in Google Ads, social media marketing, email marketing, and more.
With nine years of experience in marketing, Alan's journey encompasses diverse roles, from crafting impactful paid media strategies to orchestrating successful marketing events. Alan takes pride in fusing creativity with data-driven tactics, propelling brands to the forefront of the digital landscape, and mentoring his team to excel.
Once upon a time, Alan was a qualified hairdresser who specialised in haircutting. He even entered a few hair competitions (but didn't win an award). That could explain the career change.
Lead Account Manager
Nando is an integral part of the Account Management team at SIXGUN, helping to develop a true and transparent business-client relationship while aiding and managing the day-to-day needs of our clients’ digital marketing solutions.
With over a decade of industry experience in both traditional and digital marketing as well as experience in the creative field, Nando takes a warm and holistic approach to client services.
When Nando isn’t focused on all things SIXGUN he enjoys playing guitar and trying to set a new high score in classic video games. Nando also enjoys photography and making short videos in his spare time.
Lead Performance Media Specialist
Dylan is a part of the Performance Media team at SIXGUN, developing strategic paid media campaigns to help clients be seen by their ideal audiences despite the crowded digital landscape.
With more than five years’ experience in digital marketing, Dylan’s expertise has many facets beyond paid media, including analytics, PR, communications, and everything in between.
Like many others at SIXGUN, on the weekends Dylan can be seen hitting a ball with a stick (golf), enjoying a run or visiting one of Melbourne’s many sandwich shops.
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
As SIXGUN’s Senior Digital Marketing Strategist, Evan focuses on creating bespoke solutions, tailored to each individual business’s unique needs and challenges.
Working in client-facing roles for more than five years, Evan has a wealth of experience across the various marketing solutions that SIXGUN offers their clients. Outside of this, his knowledge of website development, UX and AI integration help shape a holistic understanding of the digital landscape, bringing unparalleled insight into every strategy session.
Outside of work, you’ll find Evan spending quality time with his Labrador Zorro (please ask to see a photo! it will make him really happy) or 30 metres in the air, climbing a boulder in the wilderness. Evan also enjoys a range of sports (supporting Greece of course!).
Senior Account Manager
With more than five years of industry experience, Nelson brings a professional yet approachable attitude to the client services team. From strategic planning through to implementation and all day-to-day tasks, Nelson takes a holistic approach to digital marketing, aware that transparency and understanding between clientele and agency is key.
With ten years of combined experience in industries like banking, finance, sales, and marketing, Nelson brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the team, having worked with many small, medium and enterprise-level businesses, leading campaigns and creating meaningful, long-lasting partnerships.
Outside of work, Nelson can be found on walks to the dog park/beach with his best bud, partaking in rounds of MMA to keep fit, or sitting around a campfire in the outback.
Senior Account Manager
As a Senior Account Manager, Miles brings a professional and calm demeanour to client services, leading marketing campaigns from strategy phase to implementation.
Miles has more than a decade of client service and digital marketing experience across a broad array of industries. From telecommunications to disability services, there are few sectors he hasn’t worked with.
Outside of work, Miles can be usually found with a soccer ball at his feet or a guitar in his hands.
Performance Media Specialist
Charlotte, working as a Performance Media Specialist at SIXGUN, leverages her design skills and creative mindset to elevate Google Ads, paid media and social campaigns.
In addition to being part of the all-star performance media team at SIXGUN, Charlotte harnesses her graphic design and illustration talents to boost her contributions to social media and enrich her projects within the agency.
Outside of the office, Charlotte can be found painting, doodling, illustrating, or enjoying an iced long black (or three).
Digital Marketing Specialist
Raj harnesses the power of SEO and paid performance channels to create tailored marketing solutions for businesses of all sizes, with a strong focus on efficiency and performance.
Raj has a wealth of experience in both the financial and marketing industries. He has worked with organisations ranging from small businesses to global multi-nationals, with several years of experience across different verticals of marketing.
Outside of work, you can find Raj spending quality time with his family and friends around a barbeque.
Junior Performance Media Specialist
Janelle is a digital marketing all-rounder who's dedicated to mixing creativity into her strategies. With experience in social media content creation and SEO, she's now blending her career know-how and diving deep into paid media strategies.
Janelle's digital marketing journey has spanned diverse sectors like education, engineering, finance, beauty, and ecommerce. Her expertise extends to creating and editing video content across YouTube and TikTok.
Outside of work, you can find Janelle cafe-hopping with friends and taking aesthetic pics for the ‘Gram. You might also find her hanging from a piece of fabric in the aerial yoga studio.
Speak to Melbourne’s leading Google Remarketing Agency today
We’re dedicated to providing exceptional services to all our clients, regardless of their size or industry, and we combine technical expertise with passion and attention to detail. Working with the SIXGUN team is exactly that—an integrated service that becomes an important part of your business.
This approach enables lightning-fast communication and the complete understanding required for the tailored results that we achieve for our clients. Get in touch to find out more about what makes us the boutique Melbourne-based Google Remarketing agency you can trust.
You might be wondering...
01. How do we segment audiences for remarketing campaigns?
We follow a granular, highly targeted approach to audience segmentation in order to deliver the most effective remarketing campaigns. This involves several different methodologies:
- Behavioural segmentation: This is based on users' interaction with your website or application. We segment visitors based on their actions, such as the pages they visited, the products or services they viewed, the content they downloaded, time spent on site, and whether they completed a purchase or form fill. This data is used to tailor specific ads to induce desired actions.
- Sequential retargeting: We use this strategy to segment audiences based on their position in the sales funnel. The idea is to guide a potential customer through their buyer's journey. For instance, if a visitor reads a blog post, we might show them an ad for an in-depth ebook. If they download the ebook, we could retarget them with a free trial or demo offer.
- Time-based segmentation: We segment users based on the recency of their visit. Someone who visited your site within the last 24 hours may be more likely to convert than someone who visited a week ago. Hence, we might allocate more budget to show ads to the more recent visitors.
- Geographical and demographic segmentation: We segment users based on their location, age, gender, device type, and other demographic data. For instance, we might target users in a specific city or state with special promotions or show different ads to users of different age groups based on their interests and preferences.
- Loyalty segmentation: We segment users based on their purchasing history and loyalty to your brand. This helps us show appreciation to your repeat customers with special offers or incentives, or target lapsed customers with win-back campaigns.
- Cross-sell and upsell segmentation: We also identify users who purchased a specific product or service, so we can recommend complementary or premium products to them.
- Value-based segmentation: This is when we segment audiences based on their potential or actual customer lifetime value (CLV). This enables us to allocate more resources to high-value customers.
02. What strategies does SIXGUN use to avoid ad fatigue or overexposure in remarketing campaigns?
- Frequency capping: SIXGUN uses frequency capping to limit the number of times the same ad is shown to the same person within a specific time period. This helps avoid overexposure and the annoyance that can come with it.
- Audience segmentation: We segment audiences based on a variety of factors such as their engagement level, their interaction with your website, and their purchase history. This allows us to tailor our remarketing efforts to be more precise and relevant to each individual, which can help prevent ad fatigue.
- Ad variation and rotation: We create a variety of ads and rotate them for each campaign. This means that even if a user is being frequently remarketed, they're not seeing the exact same ad every time. This approach maintains brand presence without causing fatigue.
- Burn pixel implementation: This technique allows us to stop showing ads to users who have converted, thus ensuring we are not unnecessarily reaching out to users who have already taken the desired action, thereby avoiding ad fatigue and optimising the budget.
- Time-based exclusions: If a user does not convert after seeing an ad a certain number of times, we may exclude them for a period before trying again. This is based on the understanding that different users have different conversion timelines.
- Content relevance: Our team ensures the ads are highly relevant to the users by leveraging dynamic remarketing. By showing products or services that users have previously interacted with, we can maintain engagement levels without triggering fatigue.
- Monitoring performance metrics: We closely monitor metrics like click-through rate (CTR) and conversion rate. A significant drop in these metrics could indicate ad fatigue, prompting us to adjust our strategies.
- Leveraging Google's machine learning: By using automated bidding strategies, we let Google's AI systems adjust the bids in real time to optimise for conversions or conversion value. These tools use contextual signals and machine learning to show your ads to people who are more likely to convert, preventing unnecessary ad impressions.
03. Can SIXGUN set up dynamic remarketing campaigns?
We have extensive experience in setting up dynamic remarketing campaigns for our clients.
Dynamic remarketing campaigns are one of the most powerful tools in the Google Ads suite, as they allow you to target ads specifically to users who have already interacted with your website or mobile app. Not only that, but our team can also customise these ads based on the user's behaviour. For instance, if a user was browsing specific products on your website, we can show them ads that feature those exact products, thereby increasing the relevance of the ads and ultimately driving conversions.
Our approach to setting up dynamic remarketing campaigns involves a number of steps:
- Tagging your website or app: We will implement or work with your developers to ensure that the necessary tags are placed on your website or app. These tags enable Google to track user behaviour and serve dynamic ads.
- Creating custom audiences: We can create custom audiences based on the actions that users take on your website or app. For instance, we might create a separate audience for users who added a product to their cart but didn't complete the purchase.
- Designing dynamic ads: We have a team of talented designers who can create compelling and eye-catching ads. We can design multiple variations to ensure that the right product is shown to the right user.
- Setting up the product or services feed: This involves creating and maintaining a feed that Google uses to pull in information about your products or services. This step is critical because it's how we ensure that the correct information, like product images and prices, are shown in the ads.
- Monitoring and optimising the campaigns: Once the campaign is live, we closely monitor its performance and make necessary adjustments to maximise its effectiveness. We constantly analyse the data to find ways to improve the ROI.
04. How will SIXGUN integrate remarketing with our overall PPC and digital marketing strategy?
At SIXGUN, we recognise the power of remarketing within an overall pay-per-click and digital marketing strategy, and our approach is designed to fully leverage this tool to deliver maximum ROI for our clients. Here is how we integrate remarketing into our strategies:
- Audience segmentation: We begin by understanding and segmenting your audience. Not all customers are at the same stage of the buying cycle, and thus, they shouldn't all be served the same ads. By using the extensive targeting options available in Google Ads, we can segment audiences based on various criteria like their engagement with your site, the pages they visited, how long ago they visited, and so on. This allows us to serve highly personalised ads, increasing their effectiveness.
- Dynamic remarketing: With dynamic remarketing, we show tailored ads based on the specific products or services that users have viewed or interacted with on your website. This can significantly boost conversions as it serves users with highly relevant ads.
- Remarketing lists for search ads (RLSA): With RLSA, we optimise bids and tailor ads for people who've previously visited your site when they're searching on Google. This can help us win back those who left your site without converting, and find high-value customers when they're ready to convert.
- Multi-channel remarketing: We don't limit ourselves to Google's ecosystem alone. By leveraging multi-channel remarketing, we ensure that we're reaching customers wherever they are online. This could be on social media, on partner websites, or even in their email inbox.
- Content customisation: Depending on where the potential customer is in the sales funnel, we customise ad content to be more effective. For instance, first-time visitors might receive ads designed to raise awareness, while repeat visitors might receive ads with more specific calls to action or exclusive offers.
- Performance monitoring and optimisation: We continuously monitor the performance of your remarketing campaigns, using A/B testing, conversion tracking, and other analytics tools. This data-driven approach allows us to adjust strategies, fine-tune audience segmentation, and optimise ad content for maximum ROI.
- Privacy and user experience: We place a high priority on adhering to privacy laws and Google's advertising policies, ensuring that remarketing strategies are respectful of user privacy and contribute positively to user experience.
Our ultimate goal is to integrate remarketing seamlessly into your broader PPC and digital marketing strategies, ensuring that we're leveraging all available channels and tools to re-engage lost visitors and convert them into loyal customers.
05. How does SIXGUN manage remarketing lists?
Managing remarketing lists is an integral part of SIXGUN’s overall Google Ads strategy. We view remarketing as an opportunity to engage with users who've already shown interest in your product or service. This approach is two-fold: one, to keep your brand top of mind, and two, to encourage users to complete a desired action.
- Firstly, we focus on building robust, segmented remarketing lists. Not every visitor interacts with your website in the same way, so we customise our lists to mirror different user interactions. These could be users who visited your homepage, product pages, added items to a cart but didn't purchase, past purchasers, or users who interacted with your mobile app. The granularity of these lists enables us to send more personalised ads tailored to each user's journey.
- Secondly, we prioritise dynamic remarketing. With dynamic remarketing, we can show potential customers the exact products or services they viewed on your website. This level of personalisation can greatly improve CTR and conversion rates.
- Furthermore, we emphasise continual optimisation of our remarketing lists. We track performance metrics like click-through-rates and conversion rates to refine our remarketing strategies. We also experiment with different bidding strategies, like target CPA or target ROAS, to see which garners the best return for your campaigns.
- Lastly, we are proactive about maintaining a positive brand image. Remarketing, while very effective, can be irritating for users if not handled correctly. Therefore, we pay careful attention to frequency capping to ensure your audience isn't overwhelmed with ads, which could inadvertently cause a negative perception of your brand.
06. How do you use Google Analytics in conjunction with Google Remarketing?
Integrating Google Analytics and Google Remarketing is a vital part of SIXGUN’s strategy to create highly targeted, effective ad campaigns that drive conversions.
- Deep audience segmentation: Google Analytics allows us to gain a comprehensive understanding of your website visitors. We utilise demographic data, behaviour metrics, and interest data to build highly refined audience segments. These are the people who have visited your website but perhaps didn't make a purchase or complete a desired action. By leveraging this data, we can target these segments with tailored ads through Google Remarketing. This can enhance your campaign's effectiveness by reaching people who are already interested in your product or service, making them more likely to convert.
- Conversion tracking: With Google Analytics, we track how users are interacting with your website after clicking on your ad. This gives us valuable insights into which ads are effective and which aren't. We can then refine our remarketing strategies based on these insights to ensure your ads are converting as efficiently as possible.
- Optimising the customer journey: Google Analytics provides detailed data on the customer journey. It tells us which pages a user visits, the sequence of their visit, and where they drop off. This data aids us in designing remarketing campaigns aimed at guiding users back to complete their journey; be it a purchase, a form submission, or any other desirable action.
- ROI measurement: The integration of Google Analytics with Google Remarketing allows us to accurately track the ROI of each campaign. We can understand the cost of acquiring a customer through different channels and adjust our ad spend accordingly.
- Content personalisation: Based on the data from Google Analytics, we can personalise remarketing ad content to reflect the interests and behaviours of each user segment. This increases the relevancy and appeal of your ads, which can significantly improve engagement and conversion rates.
- Ad frequency and recency control: Through Analytics, we can identify optimal recency windows and adjust the frequency of ad exposures. This ensures that we reach potential customers at the right time and avoid overwhelming them with excessive ads, which could lead to ad fatigue.
07. Can SIXGUN help us set up remarketing for mobile apps?
Absolutely — as a leading Google Remarketing agency in Melbourne, our team has extensive expertise in configuring these types of campaigns, ensuring your advertisements reach your target audience at the right time and place. To give you a brief overview of the process:
- App analytics integration: We'll begin by integrating your app with Google Analytics, as this will allow us to track user activity and behaviour within your app, forming the basis of our remarketing campaign.
- Defining audiences: Based on your business objectives, we'll identify key user segments for targeting. For example, these could be users who've installed your app but not made a purchase, or users who've viewed a particular product but not completed the checkout process.
- Creating customised ads: We'll design personalised ads for each user segment, enhancing their effectiveness. These ads will be displayed across Google's vast network, including Google Search, Display Network, and YouTube, or even within your app if you choose to use in-app advertising.
- Campaign optimisation: Post-launch, we’ll consistently monitor the campaign, using performance data to optimise ad delivery, targeting, and messaging. We leverage Machine Learning tools provided by Google Ads to maximise your ROI.
- Reporting: You’ll receive regular reports and updates on campaign performance, including user engagement, conversions, and other key metrics.