We offer bespoke solutions to your SEO requirements, whether as part of a complete digital marketing plan or to complement and work closely with your in-house department. We don’t do set-and-forget solutions; instead, each campaign is tailored to your industry and long-term ambitions.
An experienced, expert Melbourne agency to bring your SEO to life
Our team is hand-picked to ensure that we have the best people working on your websites. Each member of our team brings a comprehensive set of search engine optimisation and digital marketing skills, with the experience and ingenuity to develop and execute campaigns in any industry. We aren’t a huge corporation with hundreds of disengaged employees clocking in and out every day. Our reputation and success depends on your business flourishing too. When you work with SIXGUN, you aren’t hiring a bunch of clock watchers and cheque cashers—you’re teaming up with a driven SEO agency committed to getting the best value for your money.
A Melbourne-based and Australian-owned SEO agency
Digital marketing and SEO is different all around the world. What works in one market won’t have the same impact in another country, which makes it vital for Australian businesses to pair with a team that can deliver locally relevant work for small businesses, while still maintaining an international outlook for larger businesses and those with ambitions to expand into other markets.
SIXGUN takes a 360-degree view of your SEO, providing a comprehensive service that doesn’t leave anything to chance. We focus on building solid strategies exclusively for your company. Our experienced marketing strategists include technical experts, content writers, web and graphic designers, and all the people you’ll need to push your company forward.
We’ll start by conducting a thorough SEO audit of your website to see where things stand—from there, we can begin optimising and refining your entire digital presence
SIXGUN doesn’t focus on making ranking guarantees. Instead, we offer a long-term solution that will continue to support and improve your business, rather than focusing on early big results that will fade quickly.
If you have a Google penalty on your site, our team can nurse your site back to health. We’ll manage the interaction with Google, remove or disavow all the offending content and links, then replenish it with high-quality content, optimising the site structure for better performance. Book a free consult to start a conversation now.
142% increase in organic revenue.
426% increase in Google Ads revenue.
95% increase in Meta Ads revenue.
133% increase in organic sessions.
63% increase in organic website conversions.
3,478 increase in ranking performance for tracked keywords.
71% increase in organic conversions.
48% increase in organic website sessions.
1,396 keyword position increases for tracked keywords.
36% increase in organic sessions.
86% increase in organic goal completions.
187% increase in Google Ads goal completions.
Significant UX improvement over the old website.
Decrease in homepage load time from 3.08 seconds to 1.37 seconds.
224% increase in organic users.
183% increase in booking form submissions.
1,465 increase in ranking performance for tracked keywords.
Increased Google Ads conversions by 61%.
Reduced the Google Ads cost per conversion by 60%.
2,675 keyword position increases for tracked keywords.
With flagship stores in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, Peter Sheppard have been providing unrivalled service and the perfect fit for over 50 years.
Essendon Natural Health
Essendon Natural Health is a natural health practice founded by Robert Gentile specialising in a range of therapies.
McKean McGregor is a locally owned and operated real estate and livestock clearing agency which has been operating in Central Victoria for over 100 years.
coreplus is a leading digital practice management software designed for the Allied Health sector.
Beginning their recruitment journey in 1951, Drake International is a leading Australian and international recruitment agency.
Centre for Clinical Psychology
The Centre for Clinical Psychology is a Melbourne based psychology practice, specialising in the treatment of trauma, perinatal conditions, anxiety, and depression.
Client Services Director
Harris has been part of the SIXGUN fabric nearly since its inception, running the Client Services department and specialising in client, staff, and escalation management, along with recruitment, retention, and business growth. A strong leader at SIXGUN whose all-rounder approach ensures maximum client and staff satisfaction, Harris also takes the lead on company events and culture.
After almost a decade in the digital marketing landscape, Harris has worked in almost every facet of the industry, including SEO, SEM, social media, site design and development, lead generation and affiliate marketing, account and partnership management, and general staff management positions.
Harris’ primary goal is to foster harmonious relationships between agency and client, ensuring business success from a technical performance perspective is at the forefront, while ensuring relationships with clients operate so effectively that clients are able to see us as a part of their business. Harris strives to create a family-style partnership environment within his department, where partnerships organically grow over time and clients stick with us for the long term.
Harris is a true foodie, soccer and music enthusiast at heart. You’re most likely to find him in the kitchen, watching his beloved Arsenal, or strumming his Fender Stratocaster.
Matthew leads the strategy and sales direction of SIXGUN, helping to develop a true client-centric mentality that puts our clients’ needs at the heart of our digital marketing solutions.
With more than ten years of experience in the digital marketing industry, Matthew uses his wealth of experience to guide campaigns from the outset, helping set realistic expectations that don’t promise the world. When talking strategy, Matthew understands no question is too small—choosing a digital marketing partner can be a difficult task and half the battle is finding a team you genuinely want to work with over the long term.
A foodie at heart, Matt enjoys cooking (hopefully) delicious food, wining and dining with friends and family, and the occasional round of golf.
SEO & Data Director
Leading the SEO, content and data teams at SIXGUN, Cameron brings a wide breadth of knowledge in technical implementation, holistic and integrated marketing approaches, and creating strong resources for the SIXGUN team and clients alike.
With more than a decade of experience in SEO across all verticals, including more sensitive and highly regulated industries, Cameron has done SEO for outfits of all sizes, ranging from one-person businesses all the way up to large multinational and publicly traded companies. He’s also collected experience in CRO, data analytics, web design and development.
Cameron loves spending time with his family and has a passion for serving his community. He’s currently the Deputy Controller for Training at his local State Emergency Services (SES) unit and holds a number of specialist skillsets, some of which he’s also a trainer and assessor in.
Lead Account Manager
Nando is an integral part of the Account Management team at SIXGUN, helping to develop a true and transparent business-client relationship while aiding and managing the day-to-day needs of our clients’ digital marketing solutions.
With over a decade of industry experience in both traditional and digital marketing as well as experience in the creative field, Nando takes a warm and holistic approach to client services.
When Nando isn’t focused on all things SIXGUN he enjoys playing guitar and trying to set a new high score in classic video games. Nando also enjoys photography and making short videos in his spare time.
Lead SEO Specialist
Christopher began his SEO journey by curating a variety of music websites and then soon learned about the magic of SEO. Since then he has acquired almost 10 years of experience in the SEO landscape.
Chris has worked in a variety of niches from fashion to pet supplies. His passion lies in all things visual and content related, as he also studied graphic art and design. He has strong management experience within the SEO field and the wider community sector.
Christopher (Chris Z or Lord Zedd in some circles) runs a mobile DJ hire business on the weekends and is known to drop bangers for the general public on a regular basis.
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
As SIXGUN’s Senior Digital Marketing Strategist, Evan focuses on creating bespoke solutions, tailored to each individual business’s unique needs and challenges.
Working in client-facing roles for more than five years, Evan has a wealth of experience across the various marketing solutions that SIXGUN offers their clients. Outside of this, his knowledge of website development, UX and AI integration help shape a holistic understanding of the digital landscape, bringing unparalleled insight into every strategy session.
Outside of work, you’ll find Evan spending quality time with his Labrador Zorro (please ask to see a photo! it will make him really happy) or 30 metres in the air, climbing a boulder in the wilderness. Evan also enjoys a range of sports (supporting Greece of course!).
Senior Account Manager
With more than five years of industry experience, Nelson brings a professional yet approachable attitude to the client services team. From strategic planning through to implementation and all day-to-day tasks, Nelson takes a holistic approach to digital marketing, aware that transparency and understanding between clientele and agency is key.
With ten years of combined experience in industries like banking, finance, sales, and marketing, Nelson brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the team, having worked with many small, medium and enterprise-level businesses, leading campaigns and creating meaningful, long-lasting partnerships.
Outside of work, Nelson can be found on walks to the dog park/beach with his best bud, partaking in rounds of MMA to keep fit, or sitting around a campfire in the outback.
Senior Account Manager
As a Senior Account Manager, Miles brings a professional and calm demeanour to client services, leading marketing campaigns from strategy phase to implementation.
Miles has more than a decade of client service and digital marketing experience across a broad array of industries. From telecommunications to disability services, there are few sectors he hasn’t worked with.
Outside of work, Miles can be usually found with a soccer ball at his feet or a guitar in his hands.
Senior SEO Specialist
Ben is an essential part of the SEO team at SIXGUN, helping develop sound SEO strategies for clients in order to enhance their organic presence online.
With half a decade of experience in SEO across a wide range of industries and businesses, Ben’s approach to campaigns focuses on technical implementation and content strategy, with the goal of achieving a positive return on investment for all of his clients.
Ben loves spending time with his golden retrievers, playing video games and hitting the occasional shank at the driving range.
Senior SEO Specialist
As a senior SEO specialist, Buddhini brings broad digital marketing experience from an array of industries and has strong love for SEO.
Since starting her career in digital marketing more than seven years ago, Buddhini has grown her skills—from building strategies to strengthening client relationships—and brings a powerful focus to achieving client goals. She believes in working as a team and sharing knowledge about the ever-changing digital world, helping others grow personally and professionally.
When not spending time with family and her toddler, Buddhini is either busy in the kitchen baking a delicious treat or playing board games with friends and family.
Senior Content Writer
Bringing deep writing and editing knowledge to the varied demands of digital marketing and SEO, Sam ensures that all client copy is engaging, focused, and ready to organically improve site rankings and drive conversions.
Sam's word-nerd experience includes web and app copywriting, book reviewing, blogging, academic editing and proofreading, and technical writing in the education space.
Sam is an avid collector of the worst puns anyone has ever heard. If you find a typo on this website, email him to collect a reward.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Raj harnesses the power of SEO and paid performance channels to create tailored marketing solutions for businesses of all sizes, with a strong focus on efficiency and performance.
Raj has a wealth of experience in both the financial and marketing industries. He has worked with organisations ranging from small businesses to global multi-nationals, with several years of experience across different verticals of marketing.
Outside of work, you can find Raj spending quality time with his family and friends around a barbeque.
You might be wondering...
01. How will you measure the success of your SEO strategy?
- Keyword rankings: We track the performance of targeted keywords in search engine rankings. If our SEO strategy is successful, you'll see your website moving up the ranks for these key search terms over time.
- Organic search traffic: The primary measure of SEO success is an increase in organic search traffic, which refers to visitors who reach your website through search engine results rather than through paid advertising. We use sophisticated analytics tools to track this data.
- Bounce rate: We measure the percentage of visitors who leave your website after viewing just one page. If the bounce rate is high, it can indicate that the content is not relevant or engaging to the visitors. SEO success should ideally reduce this rate.
- Conversion rate: SEO isn't just about driving more traffic to your site, but also about increasing the percentage of visitors who take a desired action, whether that's making a purchase, filling out a form, or signing up for a newsletter. This is called the conversion rate, and it's a key indicator of SEO success.
- Page loading time: Website speed is a critical factor in SEO. Thus, we measure the load time of your website and work to reduce it, offering a better user experience and helping your site rank higher in search results.
- Backlinks: The nature of the links pointing to your site can significantly impact your ranking performance—we monitor the number of backlinks and their quality.
- User engagement metrics: We assess user engagement, considering metrics like pages per session and average session duration. These indicate how well your audience finds your content valuable.
- Local visibility: If your business has a local component, we will also measure your visibility in local search results, tracking how well you're doing in Google's local listings.
- Mobile responsiveness: Mobile-friendliness is a significant factor in Google's ranking algorithm. Mindful of the ever-increasing use of smartphones for search, we ensure your site is mobile-ready.
- ROI: Ultimately, the best measure of SEO success is return on investment. We keep a close eye on your ROI, ensuring that your investment in SEO is delivering a profitable return.
We continuously monitor these metrics and adjust our strategies based on what the data is telling us. Our focus is always on delivering meaningful results that contribute to your business goals.
02. What SEO tools do you use?
As a leading search engine optimisation agency in Melbourne, we utilise a suite of SEO tools to conduct comprehensive analysis, planning, and execution for our campaigns. Here are some of the key tools we use:
- Ahrefs: A powerful tool used for backlink analysis, competitor analysis, keyword research, and tracking keyword rankings.
- Google Analytics 4 (GA4): An indispensable tool for understanding website traffic, user behaviour, and conversions. We also use it to gauge the effectiveness of our SEO strategies over time.
- Google Search Console: We use this tool to understand how Google's search bots are interacting with your website, to identify crawl issues, and to submit sitemaps for indexing.
- Google My Business: A crucial tool for managing your online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. We can help you leverage this platform to its full potential, so that you can engage with customers, optimise your business profile, and gather insight about how people find your local business online.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider: This is a website crawling tool that we use for technical SEO audits. It helps us to identify issues like broken links, duplicate content, and other potential problems.
Each of these tools is applied in different ways throughout the various phases of an SEO campaign, including the initial audit, strategy development, execution, and ongoing optimisation and reporting. It's our combined use of these tools, backed by our expertise in SEO strategy and execution, that allows us to drive successful results for our clients.
03. Will we have access to our Analytics account?
Absolutely. As your digital marketing partner, our main goal is to ensure that you are empowered and informed at every step of your campaign's progression. Transparency is a crucial pillar of our business—so we insist that all our clients have direct access to any tracking or ad platforms we may use.
Here's what you can expect:
- Complete ownership: You will own your accounts, not us. It's your business, and the data generated belongs to you.
- Full access: You will have 24/7 access to your data. This means you can check the performance of your campaigns, audience metrics, traffic sources, and more, at any time.
- Regular reporting: We'll provide comprehensive reports on a regular basis—typically, monthly, or more frequently if required. These reports will highlight the key metrics, trends, and our interpretation of the data, to help you understand what is working and what can be improved.
- Collaborative analytics: We believe in working collaboratively with our clients. So, we'll be more than happy to walk you through your data, provide insights, and discuss strategies during regular review meetings.
- Continual education: As part of our service, we'll help you understand the data. This might include coaching on how to read your Google Analytics and Google Ads data, the meanings behind various metrics, and how to tie those into your overall business objectives.
- Data-driven decision making: While you will always have access to your data, our team will use this data to drive the strategy. This means making adjustments to campaigns, informing our recommendations, and ultimately, driving towards the best ROI possible for your business.
At SIXGUN, we view our clients as partners, and a partnership only works with trust and transparency. We look forward to working collaboratively with you to achieve your business goals.
04. How long does it take to see results from an SEO campaign?
There isn’t a hard-and-fast answer to this question. SEO represents a deliberate, long-term investment in your business’s marketing, and it tends to be about incremental gains over instant results. Variables like the general condition of your website, the industry you’re operating in, the competitive landscape, and the keywords targeted all come into play.
To figure out what needs to be done, we start with a comprehensive examination of your website. This audit informs all our later strategy and recommendations and includes a thorough scan for technical issues, a review of your content to ensure alignment with SEO best practices, a detailed competitor analysis, and thorough keyword research and selection.
After this phase is complete, the focus moves to an ongoing approach of monitoring and optimisation, including creation and fine-tuning of content, backlinking, and the ongoing application of technical SEO strategies.
Initially, you may see small boosts to your rankings and organic traffic, but it’s important not to judge the entire campaign on these initial indicators. The compounding and incremental nature of SEO often means that the true rewards come later.
To close the information gap while your campaign is running, SIXGUN provides regular, comprehensive reports containing key performance metrics and in-depth analysis. The data at the core of these reports is the same data we use to inform any fine-tuning to the campaign along with any recommendations we may have. As part of our commitment to transparency, we also run regular work-in-progress meetings, giving you an opportunity to discuss any aspects of the campaign.
SEO isn’t a quick fix—instead, it aims to provide results in the longer term, securing better visibility for your website, pulling in better-quality traffic, and driving increases to sales, leads, and any other core KPIs you may have.
05. Who will be working on our ongoing SEO project?
When you work with SIXGUN, you're gaining a full team of dedicated, in-house digital marketing professionals for your business. This includes a dedicated account manager, SEO experts and content creators. We believe in the value of having an in-house team because it ensures a higher level of communication, faster response times, and a consistent, high-quality service.
We start by conducting a thorough audit of your website to understand your current performance. Then, we do in-depth keyword research, competitor analysis, and content strategy development. Our SEO experts will work on your on-page and off-page SEO, while our content team will create valuable, SEO-optimised content that not only ranks but also engages and converts your target audience.
At the same time, we ensure that your website is fast, secure, and mobile-friendly—all critical factors for SEO. Our team then monitor and measure your SEO performance and make data-driven decisions to continuously improve your rankings and online visibility.
While our preference is to do all of this in-house, there may be times when we might collaborate with trusted partners for very specialised tasks. However, you can rest assured that these partners are thoroughly vetted and have been proven to meet our high standards.
You will be kept in the loop at every stage, with regular updates and reports to make sure you know exactly how your SEO strategy is progressing. Our goal is to become an extension of your team, working closely alongside you to achieve your business objectives.
We believe in transparency, results, and long-term partnerships—our team is excited to work with you and help your business grow.
06. Can you handle a penalty recovery?
Absolutely. We understand how stressful a Google penalty can be for your business, and our team is well-equipped to help you recover from it. Here is how we would approach your situation:
- Penalty analysis: We would start with a thorough examination of the type of penalty incurred and the cause behind it. This could range from duplicate content, to cloaking, thin content, or other issues. Understanding the reason behind the penalty helps us build a tailored recovery strategy.
- Developing a recovery strategy: Based on the analysis, we'd create a recovery plan. If you're dealing with a manual penalty, for instance, the recovery strategy would involve rectifying the issue and submitting a reconsideration request to Google. For algorithmic penalties, our team would strategise steps to improve your website to align with Google's algorithms.
- Backlink removal: If the penalty is due to toxic or low quality backlinks, we would use advanced tools to identify them. We also have experience in contacting the webmasters of the linking sites to request removal, or if necessary, using Google's disavow tool.
- Improving website quality: Part of our recovery process would be to enhance your website’s overall quality. This could mean creating unique, relevant, and high-quality content, optimising page speeds, making the site mobile-friendly, improving user experience, and implementing other SEO strategies.
- Monitoring and reporting: We would closely monitor the effects of our recovery actions using advanced analytics and reporting back to you regularly with updates and improvements. This would also help us tweak our approach if necessary.
- Future-proofing: Lastly, we won't just get you out of the penalty—we’ll also ensure you have a robust, long-term SEO strategy in place to minimise such penalties in the future. This includes continuous education and staying updated on any changes in Google's algorithms and policies.
We have Google penalty recovery specialists on our team who have helped numerous businesses get back on track after penalties, so you can be confident that we’ll handle your situation with the utmost expertise and diligence.